Thursday, August 14, 2008

Don't Laugh at Me

Pause my music player and play this song.

I have heard this song a dozen times at least, but it still brings me to tears every time. Now that I have school-age kids, I worry so much about how they are treated when I am not there. I hope I am doing a good enough job teaching them how to treat others.

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

I like that song too. However, Baby J has another version I particularly like. I'd planned on blogging about it awhile ago, only didn't. Of course, it's a bit harder to understand what he's saying and I had to listen to the song about thirty times to get the lyrics down--and I still don't know if I got them right.

I'll post them.

♥Concerned♥ said...

I saw that one, and had the same problem with the lyrics. I posted this one because I love that they made it into a children's book. i plan on buying it for my kids.

Danielle said...

Aw! I'll feel the same way when I have kids, I hope they treat others good and don't get treated bad themselves! :( I got made fun of enough for them!

Just trying to survive... One food allergy at a time.
“The threat of Communism
is very real. The threat of
Socialism is even more real.”

Ezra Taft Benson
(1899-1994) Quorum of Twelve Apostles
BYU Speeches of the Year—May 24, 1961
Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.

~ Ether 8 : 24